"I know because I read. Your mind is not a cage. It's a garden. And it requires cultivating." Libba Bray.
Friday, September 22, 2017
Another day, another ridiculous book challenge
Today's installment concerns The Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein. CBS News reports that it was challenged at one school because it "encourages children to break dishes so they won't have to dry them." Further, it was outright banned in 1986 at another elementary school because the poems "glorified Satan, suicide and cannibalism, and also encouraged children to be disobedient." (cbsnews.com). What was going on with parents in the 1980s?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Semester Wrap Up
Hello everyone! With only two weeks left in the semester we thought we would share some reminders for you. Our regular hours will last thro...
-
I find family histories to be endlessly interesting. My mother has long been into genealogy and over the years I picked up quite a few skill...
-
Next Monday, in honor of the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I, we will be screening All Quiet on the Western Front for our Movie ...
-
Join us for our next Movie Monday on October 8th! We will be showing the Halloween classic Hocus Pocus. Free popcorn with be provided by ou...
No comments:
Post a Comment