Enjoy this article from CNN on the benefits of reading out loud to children, both for them and for you! Reading is Fundamental
What are your favorite books to read aloud? What did you love hearing as a child? Right now I love reading The Snowy Day and Big Dog, Little Dog to my kids. My first grade teacher read us Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary and I couldn't wait until I could read that book and all the other Ramona books for myself. To this day I count it as one of my favorite books.
"I know because I read. Your mind is not a cage. It's a garden. And it requires cultivating." Libba Bray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Semester Wrap Up
Hello everyone! With only two weeks left in the semester we thought we would share some reminders for you. Our regular hours will last thro...
-
I find family histories to be endlessly interesting. My mother has long been into genealogy and over the years I picked up quite a few skill...
-
Next Monday, in honor of the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I, we will be screening All Quiet on the Western Front for our Movie ...
-
Hello everyone! With only two weeks left in the semester we thought we would share some reminders for you. Our regular hours will last thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment